Sunday, January 13, 2013

2012

2012 demonstrated the eclectic nature of my knitting habits.

 Road to Amethyst in six colors of Knit Picks Wool of the Andes
(Patt "Road to Golden" by Lisa Shroyer)
Platinum and Pumpkin in naturally dyed Sincere Sheep Keen
(Patt "Chadwick" by Stephen West)
Kai Mei and Drooping Elm Socks in Cascade Yarns Heritage
(Patt "Kai Mei" by Cookie A) 


"Road to Golden" was a pattern that has been sitting around taunting me to make it. I would hear it calling to me, from my little collection of knitting magazines. It would say things about how I ordered the magazine specifically for that pattern, about how fun it would be to do a large stranded colorwork sweater, and about how pretty all the other Road to Golden sweaters on Ravelry were. So I finally made it.

Speckled Owl in a white/black boucle I brought back from New Zealand
(Patt is Big Snowy Owl by Purl Soho)
Octopus Phone Cozy in Oink Pigments Sock and my own hand dyed purple yarn 
(Patt for Octopus is Demi Octopus by Jennifer Wang) 
Rose in Knit Picks Swish
(Patt is Crocheted Rosettes by Lion Brand)
 
The octopus made an impression on me as a young child staring up at a tank in an aquarium. Although I don't know for sure, it was probably the Monterey Bay Aquarium and it was probably a Giant Octopus.  I marveled at its ability to so easily squeeze through tiny spaces as well as at all those arms! I've been a fan ever since. I use my phone cozy all the time and it brings back these happy memories.


Owl Baby Blanket in Knit Picks Comfy Worsted
(Inspired by Sleepy Owl Blanket by Lori Emmitt)
Elijah the Elephant in Classic Elite Inca Alpaca
(Patt is Elijah by Ysolda Teague)
Baby Socks in Oink Pigments Sock
(Patt is Cozy Little Toes by Judy Kaethler

 My very good friend had a baby and of course I knit a few things for the new arrival. The Knit Picks Comfy worked very well for the blanket. It is super soft and oh so machine washable! 

No comments: