Tuesday, January 17, 2012

2011 Knitting

I love the new year. It gives me the opportunity to reflect on what I accomplished in the previous year and what I can look forward to in the year to come. 2011 was a big one for me. I graduated with two degrees, one in Geography and another in Music Education. I gave an hour long recital of clarinet music. I completed a life goal to go camping at Joshua Tree during Spring to see the desert flowers. I traveled to Hong Kong(!) and enjoyed experiencing such an interesting place. 

I also started my credential program in music and tried my hand at working full-time and going to school full time. Although I soldiered through it, many of the things in my life that I enjoy, such as knitting and writing in this blog, became neglected. So I won't be doing that again. I quit my full-time job last week and am looking forward to my first job as a woodwind coach at a middle school. In the past month, since my semester ended, I have been knitting copious amounts. There is a constant pile of yarn on the couch. I think I missed it. I'm even doing some designing. What a process! What a joy! 

Here is what I knit in 2011.

Knotty gloves with cable pattern sized down a bit.


Two pairs of socks by Cookie A:
 
Devon in two different yarns.


Pomatomus in yarn from my never-ending stash of Jojoland Melody.


Swiffer cover, also stash yarn.

 Laminaria, a shawl from Knitty in Zephyr Laceweight.


Two of Stephen West's asymmetrically designed shawl Chadwick:
In naturally dyed yarn by Sincere Sheep.

In Manos de Uruguay Serena and Baruffa Bollicina cashmere.


A pattern called Hege from the book Hat Heads
Knit in KnitPicks Swish I picked up at a swap meet.

An archery finger-guard of my own design.

Quite the year, wasn't it?

No comments: